Last week, I received a sweet little notification from my scrapbooking friend Cindy, aka Cindy's Pages In Time. Thanks so much Cindy...you made my day!! A few days later, my friend Pendra sent me the same award!! I appreciate your kindness, Pendra, but dang it...I was going to send this on to YOU too!
Coincidentally, this picture looks EXACTLY like the strawberry shortcake dessert I made for Canada Day, but...horror of horrors... I didn't take a photo!!
Now I have to pass this on to 7 blogging friends. That is definitely the hardest part because there are so many wonderful blogs and friends out there!! I hate choosing, but choose I must, so in no particular order, I pass this yummy award onto these lovely people: Michelle at Michelle's Scrap Bits, Renee at Luv This Scrap, Patty at A Sassy Scrapper, Shawn at Poetry in a Pot of Tea, Sharon at That Girl Fritchey, Izzy at Write Snap Scrap, and Natasha at Moments of Tranquility.
I met all these wonderful scrapbookers over at Scrapbook.com, and have been inspired by their designs and enjoyed their friendship for over a year. I have to say, it was soooo tough to pick only SEVEN, so if another award comes my way, I certainly have a long list of other blogs that I can share it with :)
Now comes Part 2 of this award....listing 7 random facts about ME! Hmmmm, not sure if I want you to know all my deep dark secrets, but here we go:
7. I'm allergic to every pet/animal around, but when I was young, I had the following pets (and I'm a city girl!): turtles, rabbit, duck, gerbils.
|My duck "Buttercup"|
6. Even though I'm allergic to most creatures, I have a tender heart and soft spot for all of them, even spiders and snakes....but I hate magpies.
|My Arch Enemy|
5. I appear to be a calm person, but I'm a horribly impatient driver and use my horn...a LOT. Even my kids tell me to lay off the horn. Then two weeks ago I met someone else with road rage. An "old lady" with white hair pursued me in a car chase in my neighbourhood after I accidentally cut her off at the grocery store. Lesson learned...my horn is now silent.
|Re-Enactment of Car Chase|
4. This week I travelled up north on a 3-day business trip. The only time I watch tv is in a hotel room. There I lay in my bed eating Cheetos and Popcorn....while watching "Extreme Makeover: Weight Loss edition. I lost my appetite.
|Cheezies AND a bath?? Heaven!|
3. I don't take showers, only baths. And wash my hair in the kitchen sink. Yep.
|My nightly ritual|
2. I don't drink coffee or alcohol but have always been in LOVE with Earl Grey tea, with lots of milk and sugar.
|I might as well be British...because this is my constant companion|
1. I have nice thick wavy hair....but HATE to do anything with it. I don't have bad hair days, but I have lazy hair days and wear lots of pony tails. I only go to the salon a few times a year because I think it takes too long to cut or colour my hair.
|My pony tail role model|
Whew! Now that I've revealed these secrets here, I'm feeling a little like a Catholic school girl who has gone to Confession...ha ha! Bonus fact: I was brought up Catholic but my spiritual beliefs are a combo of all the great religions in the world