Tuesday, October 11, 2011

October Sketchy Challenge

GULP!  It's October!! I quickly figured that out because BabyOfTheFamily started asking about her Halloween costume. Honestly...it will be VERY difficult to top last year's costume.  Take a look....
The Mad Hatter!
This year she's in Grade 6....and wants a costume with MAKE-UP that will make her look beautiful.  Don't we all??

Another reason I know it's October is because there is a new Sketchy Challenge over at Canadian Scrapbooker!  Woohoooo! 

Jill Sarginson designed a fabulous sketch once again...
 And here is my layout....
Every Halloween I take a photo of the Jack O'Lanterns my kids carve :)

The black background patterned paper and the pumpkin patch are from the new FancyPants "Oct 31" collection....

Confession time....I had this layout design sketched for last year's Halloween!  EEEEK!! Now that's scary!  I even had altered that Dusty Attic tree and printed out the vintage seed packet from Graphics Fairy.  Better late than never, I guess ;)
Vintage seed packet printed from Graphics Fairy, held with Tim Holtz Memo Pin.

Dusty Attic tree altered with Tattered Angels Glimmer Glam in Stiletto (Black)

My sweet scrappy friend from Newfoundland had sent me that border punch awhile ago (edging the brown Basic Grey strip) and she very kindly gave me that gorgeous yellow moon paper, which is Basic Grey "Curio."  I barely had to ink the edges, it has such perfect shading on it...thanks Michelle!


The "Boo" chipboard title and bat is from an older Basic Grey Halloween collection, which I believe is called "Eerie."  I picked it up in a sale bin last year ...yay!
Love this set of Basic Grey chipboard stickers!
 I went a little nutso with my Big Shot and Sizzix dies to create that pumpkin patch!


I used 3 different dies for the leaves and vines, plus stamped more leaves with a Magenta stamp and cut them out...
I used 2 shades of Distress Ink:  Peeled Paint (dark) and Crushed Olive (yellow-green).
I die cut the "spooky fence" out of grunge paper, painted it with Picket Fence Distress Crackle Paint, and finally inked it with Weathered Wood Distress ink....
I added a little shading to the pumpkins and leaves with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.
Now..."Trick or Treat" over to the Canadian Scrapbooker website and upload your layout for the October Sketch!

Speaking of "Treats", Sony has a special offer on right now for a VERY cool new Digital Frame...that doubles as a 4x6 photo printer!
 
It prints gorgeous 4X6 photos right at your scrapbooking station, and you can take it easily with you to crops!  What more can a scrapper ask for!!!!!


Sony is offering Canadian Scrapbooker Readers an awesome opportunity – take advantage of these coupons to get your Frame/Printer and printer paper today!

Visit Sony  for all the details!  Click HERE to get started!

10 comments:

  1. Ahem... And you say MY supply lists are long? LOL. Fabulous layout! Love the pumpkin seeds and I thought the photo was part of the paper!! Gorgeous photo! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Halloween design it amazing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow...awesome Kelly..and as you said about me....I can attest that this LO is even MORE gorgeous IRL! Nice addition with the Magenta leaves {wink wink}I gave you that punch??? Jeez..aren't I a great friend hahah. Now you've inspired me and I must get my ar....errr...butt in gear and get something posted to the sketchy challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally love your layout! So many fun details!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow wee! First, I LOVE babyofthefamily's costume from last year. I wonder if you had her dress that way just so you could scrap her.....? She perfect for that Graphic 45 Alice line. Please tell me you did! Secondly, oh my word, your page! That spooky tree and the big moon are the BEST! Love it, love it! A perfect Halloween page.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all the foliage and leaves in your sketch layout-you layered them up fabulously! I love seeing your dark side come to life! I also love your little Mad Hatter up top, she looked amazing. I wish she could realize that she will have so much more fun being original and creative than just another pretty face, but unfortunately the world seems to be making our little girls feel that way at a younger and younger age. Hope you guys have a hauntingly fun Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great design, Kelly!....and YES, I still love that picture of your DD! You really did rock the diecuts and make them work for you, Girlfriend! Super job with the design and all the wonderful embellies that you made! AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So, who says we have to scrap chronologically .. or on time? LOL Fabulous page .. and the design was certainly worth keeping! Love that DA tree .. gonna have to get one of those! Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a VERY cool Halloween page! You created the night scene from It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown...complete with the great big pumpkins! Linus would be right at home here. The DA tree against the large moon...it just all works together perfectly...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a marvelously cool, festive, engaging Halloween page! That costume that your daughter is sporting is nothing shy of amazing, too!


    Oodles of hugs,
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete