Sunday, June 5, 2011

Blood Pressure

I've never thought about my blood pressure.  Isn't that the topic of conversation in retirement homes?  Lately, it's on my mind because we have teenagers in the house.  Conversations that begin with, "Mom, don't freak out, but...." raise my blood pressure numbers, as does Call Display with the school's phone number.  Mostly it's my 16-year-old son, whom I'll affectionately call Boy Genius on this blog, who can really get my blood boiling.  Texting him about simplest things can turn into extraordinary bouts of frustration.  Example:  ME:  When are you going to be home?  HIM:  Never.  ME: Why don't you answer my texts??? HIM: (no answer).

A couple of days ago, I was cleaning his bathroom.  Even entering his bedroom and adjoining bathroom gives me heart palpitations now, and I wonder, "What undiscovered secret will I find that will put me over the edge?"  Opening his bathroom cupboard, I saw this:
Bathroom Beer
Yep...that's right.  Six unopened Heineken! Should I blame this on his father's German heritage?? What to do? What to do?  I walked over to his bookshelf and had a chat with Wise Ol' Teddy Bear (a Build-a-Bear no less). 
Bedroom Bear
How did this happen?  Where did my little boy go?  From Bear to Beer? 

Then I did what every self-respecting mother would do....I cracked a few bottles open ....and lowered my blood pressure.  [smile]  And this is why I scrapbook...to escape into a world of happy memories.

10 comments:

  1. Awesome story... made my toddler issues seem OK, LOL. Glad to see you blogging and sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Kelly!!!! ROFL, so sorry but your writing just cracks me up!! You should put the empties back in there with a thinly-veiled threat about being grounded for the next 10 years ;) Ughh.. not looking forward to the teenage years! Good luck and so glad you've got a blog now!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! the little varmit! This is waaaay worse than my creme de menthe incident haha...altho at least you got to crack yours open and drink it and didn't have to throw out the bottle cuz someone else's kid had their lips around your bottle haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Kelly - what a nightmare! It is hilarious that you would link the beer & the bear. Glad to hear you got rid of his "stash" and yes, of course you can blame it on his dad! Keep up the good work - I can't wait for your next post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG!! TOO FUNNY! Did he say anything to you about hte missing beer lmao?

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so funny... yet I feel bad that you are stressed! This definitely does not make me look forward to the teenage years. And now why I see why you have so little time to scrap. Having teens will keep you busy! Tell him that you have to drink all of his beer because he is underage. LOL Many hugs xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh sweetie your sense of humor is what is gonna keep you going... it seems like the world will end with teenagers right now, but believe it or not there will come a time when you will tell this story and laugh and really think it is funny! It might be when he is a grown man with teenagers of his own and comes to you for advise... and you just laugh!!! I wouldn't go back for anything but life is short and he will grow up... I know because I now have a teenage grandaughter doing the same things and when her mother (my daughter) calls... I just laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  8. you are an amazing writer I can't stop laughing!!! love it! thanks Kelly for sharing what it's really like living with a teenager!.... not looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loooove your little stories!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL---this story kind of reminds me of one winter when my dad followed footprints in the backyard, only to discover a case of beer buried under the freshly fallen snow. My 16 year old brother was so busted....lol My brother is 50 now but still it's one of our favorite 'busted' memories. I won't even go into any of mine =)

    ReplyDelete