Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Guilty Pleasures....sometimes it's the little things

For the first time in my life, I have to travel for work.  Right now it's only one day a month...but being away for even one day is a huge adjustment for my family.  For the first few trips, we were all struggling with managing my time away.  But slowly, I started to see this travel a little differently, especially after this past weekend when I spent 24/7 with laundry, ironing and cooking for kids and their friends. 

So when I walked into my hotel room last night and saw this
I felt a little rush of delight.

These treasures were in my bathroom....MY bathroom that only I would set foot in...
And they were beside a tub and toilet that I had never and would never scrub.

I stared longingly at the stack of fluffy white (not grey) towels that someone else had washed for me...
and started to fill the gleaming tub with hot water for a bath.

When I opened the closet, I couldn't help but smile, knowing I would NOT be touching this...
OR this...
     
Instead, I would spend my evening alone with this...

watching anything I wanted.  ANYTHING.

And the icing on the cake...
My remote control.  mine mine mine :)

Do I sound a bit selfish?  Maybe.

But sometimes a little selfishness is better than a lot of insanity. 


9 comments:

  1. Good for you Kelly...learn to enjoy and savor that one day a month. It provides you with a little "me time" which we all need from time to time. It will also make your family realize just how much you do for them. Enjoy my friend and soak in that bubble bath until you shrivel up like a prune!
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!! You always make me smile. :o) Enjoy the time alone and RELAX!! How lovely it is to not have to cook or clean or be a chauffeur! Read a nice book and take a long bubble bath. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. BAAAHAAAA!!!! you crack me up girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post Kelly! No need to call it selfishness; I prefer self-preservation. Keep up the good work; you have a gift for humour. Can't wait to keep reading about your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are tooo funny... but absolutely right, on the money, in the zone... enjoy it, you deserve it! Thanks for being my first follower! Honey I about fell over... glad to be here, yours is so cute, see ya soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just a trip Kelli! (I too love the soaps)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know you'll be looking forward to more of these days soon!!!! enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I must be the paranoid one of the group. I always clean a hotel bathroom room before I will even consider stepping one foot in the tub...lol And, I'll admit this here but nowhere else, I even bring my own towels. I have my own idea of what 'clean' is and, even on a vacation (or a business trip), I can't escape it. I know how much this makes me sound like a germ freak---but honest I'm not--all I need is just one second of thinking how many butts those towels have come in contact with, and I can't stand it...lol

    ReplyDelete