Saturday, June 11, 2011

Sister Wives

First of all, I should tell you that I do not watch TV.  Well, I do watch American Idol.  And Modern Family.  And The Middle.  But that's it.  My kids, however, seem to have that TLC channel on all the time lately.  So I've seen brides shop for wedding dresses in "Say Yes to the Dress", heard families discuss their "Strange Addictions," hurried into my scrap room/studio to re-organize when "Hoarders" comes on, and trimmed my household budget after watching "Extreme Couponers" lug their 10-pound binders to the grocery store. 

Mind you, I'm not watching these shows intentionally.  I'm a reluctant bystander working in my kitchen which is in full view of our family room and tv.

Then "Sister Wives" showed up on the screen.  My older dd, DQ (DramaQueen), explained the concept of these 4 women married to 1 man and sharing the same home.  Yes, honey, I've heard of polygamy before but am astounded that this is on the air...on THE LEARNING CHANNEL (TLC) of all things.  What are we LEARNING? 

In truth, I did not watch a single minute of this show....but I still thought about it.  And you know what happens when I start thinking! ha ha! I began to envision life as a "Sister Wife"....and hey, it didn't seem so bad. 

In my polygamist marriage, there would be SIX sister wives.   I, of course, would be Head Wife #1, who assigns duties to the others.  Here's how I see their household responsibilities:


SISTER WIFE #2 - Cleaning
SISTER WIFE # 3 - Cooking
SISTER WIFE #4 - Laundry
SISTER WIFE # 5 - Driving


SISTER WIFE # 6 - You know what I mean
And that leaves me.  Sister Wife Numero Uno.  When I'm not off traveling the world and exploring other exotic cultures...

...then I will be at home in my studio, enjoying life...
And scrapbooking every minute of it!

I'll be interviewing potential Sister Wives shortly and let you know how things turn out :)

13 comments:

  1. HAHA Kelly....I am sooo glad that you have a blog....I love reading your posts. I am with you on this one....can see lots of benefits if you are the "numero uno". Keep us posted...may soon be doing my own interviews!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are tooo funny! I will be married for 35 years on June 26th and I think about a month into our marriage I announced that we needed a wife... well this model is starting to breaking down now, so he may seriously be giving that some thought soon! And I love to hear that somebody else starts organizing/cleaning whenever Hoarders comes on, I thought I may be the only anal intentive out here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. baahaa...can I volunteer as sister wife #7 and do the travel/scrapbooking thing with you!!!!I;ve always said that every wife deserves their OWN wife LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Truer words were never spoken. Every modern woman needs a wife or two. It would be very interesting to hear what your daughter thinks about the 4 wives/1 husband situation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you've started a revolution!!! But where or where will you and the rest of us get enough women to apply for wives #2 thru 6????

    ReplyDelete
  6. that is hilarious love it......you are a hoot :)<<<<<<wifey #1 too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You crack me up... sounds like I want this life too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just about died laughing!!!!! I love it!!! I can't wait to share this with my husband!!!! LoL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG! I am rollin right now! You are so funny...but I'm with ya!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I thought when I shared this with my husband he would think it was funny... he asked if he got a say in the interviews???

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my word, this is the first (and likely only) time I've ever heard the concept of sister wives described in a way that I could thoroughly get behind. Seriously entertaining post - thank you for the much needed chuckle! :)


    Big hugs,
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haha! How clever of you to think that! Now I want a sister wife! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have an awesome sense of humour. Thanks for the laugh.

    ReplyDelete